PsychNG (“PsychNG Services,” “we,” “us” and “our”) provides virtual mental health care platforms intended to increase access to mental health care and support and promote early detection of mental health symptoms that predict the onset of mental illness. Privacy is extremely important to us, so we have taken several steps to protect your information and put you in control.
- The Personal Information we collect when you interact with the Services;
- How we use and process the Personal Information that we collect;
- How we may share Personal Information with third parties; and
- The security of your Personal Information.
- All PsychNG employees, contractors and volunteers.
- All affiliated entities and applications.
1. User Consent and Incorporation
3. Personal Information We Collect
We require certain Personal Information to provide our Services to you. “Personal Information” may include contact information such as your first name, last name, email address, location, phone number, certain demographic information such as age, gender, race ethnicity, primary language spoken, disabilities, and, information about your health and medical history that you may input while using or communicating through the Services, and information about how you interact with and use your device. PsychNG does not consider Personal Information to include information that has been anonymized so that it does not allow a third party to identify a specific individual.
Without providing your Personal Information you may not access mental health services through our Services, contact or correspond with us, peers or health care providers via the Services, or utilize the therapy exercises and programs available on the Services.
- Account Setup. When you sign up for an account with us, we ask for and collect Personal Information such as your name, a valid email address, billing address, and payment information. We need this information to provide you with the Services. If you purchase paid services, such as therapy, other Personal Information such as name, address and credit card payment information will be collected to process payment.
- Therapist Applicants. If a visitor wishes to apply to be a Therapist on PsychNG‘s Chat Platform, the visitor will be required to submit Personal Information as requested. Any Personal Information supplied by or on behalf of a visitor for purposes of becoming a Therapist will be maintained by PsychNG. Please note that we may have additional privacy terms that apply to Therapists. Such terms will be made available when an applicant applies to be a Therapist or otherwise accesses his or her account.
- Mental Health Services. We collect your Personal Information when you access mental health services through our Services, when you contact or correspond with us, peers or health care providers via the Services or when you utilize the therapy exercises and programs available on the Services.
- Log Data. When you use our Services, we store, process and transmit your information about how you use your device through “digital phenotyping” technology, which analyzes passive sensory data based on your device usage to engage, educate and suggest behavioral activation strategies to you. When you contact us, we keep a record of email and chat communications to address and resolve any issues you are facing.
- Surveys. From time to time we may collect Personal Information from customers via surveys. This information is used solely to improve the content of our web pages and the quality of our service and is not shared with any third parties.
- Requests for Information, News and other Content. You may sign up to receive information, news and other content related to new and existing products and services related to PsychNG‘s Sites, PsychNG‘s Listening Platform and events and other information related to PsychNG that may be of interest to you. When signing up to receive such information, you will be asked to provide Personal Information, including your name, an email address, address and phone number.
- Technical Support Requests. If you need technical support related to PsychNG’s Forum Platform or Audio Lessons, you will need to send us an email for the purposes of defining and clarifying your technical support request. When submitting a technical support request, you will be asked to provide Personal Information, including an email address and a description of the issue. We maintain copies of all technical support requests and other information submitted with or related to such requests.
Any User can request a download of their own Personal Information that PsychNG currently stores, and also request deletion of their account and associated Personal Information. The exception to this rule is if the User in question has broken the terms laid out in the Terms and caused harm or abused our Services or other members. In this case, we retain the right to keep some of your Personal Information in order to provide more security and safety to our members.
4. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Cookies are small files, typically of letters and numbers, downloaded onto your computer or mobile device when you visit certain websites.
- to make our Services function properly;
- to provide a secure browsing experience during your use of our Services;
- to collect passive information about your use of our Services;
- to help us improve our Services; and
- to remember your preferences for your convenience.
- Types of Cookies on Our Services. We use the following types of cookies on our Services:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential because they enable you to move around and use our Services. For example, strictly necessary cookies allow you to access secure areas on our Services. Without these cookies, some services cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you for marketing purposes. This category of cookies is essential for our Services to work and they cannot be disabled.
- Functional Cookies. We use functional cookies to remember your choices so we can tailor our Services to provide you with enhanced features and personalized content. For example, these cookies can be used to remember your name or preferences on our Services. We do not use functional cookies to target you with online marketing. While these cookies can be disabled, this may result in less functionality during your use of our Services.
- Performance or Analytic Cookies. These cookies collect anonymous passive information about how you use our Services, including webpages you visit, and links you click. We use the information collected by such cookies to improve and optimize our Services. We do not use these cookies to target you with online marketing. You can disable these cookies.
5. How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use Personal Information that we collect about you for various purposes, including:
- To operate, provide and improve our Services;
- To communicate with you regarding our Services, and promotions;
- To ensure network and information security; and
- To share with third parties to provide our Services to you, as described in the next section.
6. How We Share Your Personal Information
We may share and disclose Personal Information as follows:
- Third Party Service Providers Performing Services on Our Behalf. We share Personal Information, with certain third-party service providers that assist us in providing the Services and which are bound by duties of confidentiality. For example, we may use third parties to host the Services, to send out email updates about the Services or remove repetitive information from our user lists.
- Other Users. Depending on how you interact with the Services, your Personal Information, may be shared with other Users, such as peers and other users who participate in boards on which you post information.
- Healthcare Providers. If you have been referred to the Services as part of a care plan by your healthcare provider, we may share your Personal Information with your healthcare provider to facilitate care.
- For Legal Purposes. We will disclose your Personal Information as we deem necessary to respond to a subpoena, regulation, binding order of a data protection agency, legal process, governmental request or other legal or regulatory process. We may also share your Personal Information as required to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain.
We may de-identify your Personal Information, in compliance with applicable law and aggregate such de-identified data with the de-identified data of other users. We may then share such aggregate, de-identified data with the sponsors of programs that facilitate your access to the Services, such as State government health agencies.
7. Security of Your Personal Information
We employ reasonable security measures designed to protect the security of information submitted through the Services. However, the security of information transmitted through the Internet can never be guaranteed. To protect you and your Personal Information we may suspend your use of the Services, without notice, pending an investigation, if any breach of security is suspected.
- Your Responsibilities. Users of the Services are responsible for maintaining the security of any password, user ID or other form of authentication involved in obtaining access to password protected or secure areas of any of the Services.
- Unauthorized Access. Access to and use of password protected and/or secure areas of the Services are restricted to authorized users only. Unauthorized access to such areas is prohibited.
- Encryption and Firewalls. Chat transcripts are encrypted during transmission. We use standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption that encodes information for such transmissions. All Transcripts are maintained on secure servers. Access to stored data is protected by multi-layered security controls including firewalls, role-based access controls and passwords.
8. Retention Period
9. Links to Other Sites
PsychNG does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
11. Child Protection
PsychNG complies with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and clearly specifies that users must be at least 18 years old, or between the ages of 13-18 years old with parental consent. If PsychNG learns of a user who is younger than 18, or 13-18 years old without parental consent, then PsychNG, at their sole discretion, can terminate that account.
12. Therapists as Mandated Reporters
Therapists are mandated reporters. Because of their profession, they have a legal obligation to report to authorities any signs of child abuse or vulnerable adult abuse. However, members cannot be forced to give any Personal Information. Adults who are in therapy provide Personal Information which will only be disclosed to the therapist if they or someone else is in imminent danger.